2011. március 6., vasárnap

Mornie alantië

It gave me a hard time to bear thought about Tolkien and Lord of The Rings. First of all, I would never sit and philosophy about this particular piece of work, as it is simply put of my view. Secondly, I wouldn’t like to make this consist only of complaints why I did not like the move.

Instead, I asked some of the Lord of the Rings enthusiasts in my friend circle what they like in it, and tried to understand what they see in it.

First of them said the story was amusing; to read such a genius’s mind through the pages, on which all the creatures and happenings are purely the result of his imagination. He said watching the film makes him feel a certain special atmosphere, where not ordinary rules apply and the good always win. Well, I think in this case the complexity and uniqueness of the plot serves as a kind of escape, which could be found in any other movie.

The second (my father) agreed with the previous opinion, but also underlined the places where the scenes are set and the music which is quite suggestive. He also read the book, and he takes the view that the original story is much enjoyable and the dual of the bad and good is not so ‘stock phrasy’.

Finally, the third said he likes it for various reasons, but the best thing is the attitude of the warriors. This is a kind of attitude when they know they have no chance for victory, but still they bravely head for the battle hoping for the better and knowing they do what they should do, and what is right.

I think I don’t have to say; all of them wee boys. I don’t have female friends being keen on Lord of the Rings. And this gave me the idea that it might be a boy’s book, where all the acts and interactions can be read/watched and ‘experienced’ for which men are originally coded but have no more opportunity in real world. This sounds reasonable for me.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése